This is one of my all time favorites. It is protein packed, full of fiber, rich in magnesium, high in iron, and is overall magical. You can have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, a snack and/or even for some crunch on dessert. And let me tell you…. quinoa granola is heavenly, light, sweet, crunchy and perfection. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do
• 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/2 cup of maple syrup
• 3 cups of quinoa flakes
• 1 cup of shredded coconut
• 1/2 cup of sliced almonds (i like to add chopped pecans too)
• sea salt
• 1/2 cup of chopped dates (i like to add dried cranberries too)
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees
• In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil and the maple syrup.
• Then, add the quinoa flakes and mix, followed by the coconut and almonds.
• On a parchment paper lined pan, spread the mixture out evenly. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally (every 8 mins) and checking to make sure it is not burned.
• While baking, chop the dates (or any dried fruit you want to add to the grain mixture post baking).
• Once golden brown, take out of the oven. Let cool, and then mix in with the dried fruit.
So, there you have it. Gluten-free, homemade granola! Enjoy!