Shawn Chevalier, CPT NASM
CEO, Founder, Triathlete
As the owner and lead trainer of Hardbody Outdoor Fitness (HOF), I am committed to encouraging the success of all of my clients. I’m very excited about fitness and helping others transform their lifestyles to improve the quality and longevity of life. I launched HOF in 2009 with a few loyal clients, who continue to support the program. I wanted to develop a program designed to challenge and encourage people, regardless of fitness level or exercise experience. As a husband, parent and triathlete, I personally understand the high demand to not only take care of yourself, but your family and tasks outside of the home. So HOF was designed to help clients reach their goals with the most up-to-date trends in the fitness industry while maximizing the time that clients spend away from what is important to them. I am a NASM Certified Personal Trainer; Precision Sports Nutrition Certified; TRX Suspension Trainer Certified; Featured Exercise Specialist on “Go Healthy For Good” – Hope Channel (DirecTV/Fios or Go Healthy Online). I look forward to helping you reach your health and wellness goals.
10 Facts about Shawn
1. I am the oldest of three.
2. I learned how to swim in 2010 to do my first sprint triathlon. Since then, I’ve completed over 25 triathlons. Recently completed Ironman Mont Tremblant in August 2016)
3. I have a weakness for Somoas (Girl Scout Cookies). Don’t ask me to buy a box:)
4. I was born in New York, NY.
5. I love animals. I own 2 pit-bulls, one has three-legs and her name is Winnie.
6. I was accepted into Veterinary School, but didn’t go.
7. I have a photographic memory.
8. I worked for Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center right out of college as a research analyst. Cancer sucks!
9. I am not just a trainer, I work full time on a multi-million dollar project for the government. Health Services.
10. I honor the Sabbath on Saturdays. So I don’t work. Just rest the mind, body and stimulate the spirit.
11. Co-Creator of TriathLean along with Suzy. A multi-sport strength training product that we are in the process of testing prior to production. (www.triathlean.com)
Trainer, Professional Triathlete
Suzy brings a wealth of information and fitness knowledge and has the personality to match. Here is a little more about Suzy and why you are in great hands.
In her junior year of high school, Suzy switched from volleyball to cross county running. By the end of the season, she was named Howard County runner of the year, county champion, and finished 2nd at the Maryland High School State Cross Country Championships. Suzy also competed in her first triathlon – the Columbia Triathlon in the summer of 1998. Her spectacular performance at this competition along with her cross county achievements earned her an space on the 1998 Junior Triathlon Olympic Training team. She experienced her first international competition at the Age Group World Championships in Switzerland in 1998.
Between 2007-2010, Suzy was a consistent top 5 age group finisher. She placed 15th overall female and 2nd place in her age group at the 2009 Ironman Cozumel Triathlon in which she earned her first entry into the 2010 Ironman World Championships. Suzy regards this as her single biggest achievement of her athletic career. In 2011, Suzy qualified for her USAT Pro Card at the Columbia Triathlon on May 21st. She is currently competing as a professional triathlete.
Jamel White, CPT NASM (New York)
I grew up in New York City where our fast and furious way of life has been ingrained in me from day one. I attended Utica College of Syracuse University and graduated with a BS in Health Studies. I am a devoted husband and father who still finds the time to push towards my fitness goals. On my personal fitness quest, I was once told you will never surpass your plateaus until you fall in love with working out. Since that day I have been inspired to achieve my fitness goals while helping other ordinary everyday people just like me achieve theirs. I took the leap and attended a workout session with my college friend, Shawn Chevalier. The passion we shared for fitness in the weight room at UC of SU came rushing back. That day I knew I wanted to be a part of the solution to people’s fitness challenges. After a discussion with my wife, I reached out to Shawn about bringing Hardbody Outdoor Fitness (HOF) to New York. You may ask why HOF? My answer is simple. Hardbody Outdoor Fitness may scream bootcamp but in the end it is much more, it’s a family of like minded individuals pushing towards their goals together. When you have a team behind you, you “Start Strong and Finish Stronger.”
10 Facts about Jamel
1. I am the youngest of 4
2. I am musically inclined (I write and perform conscious hip hop music. I also played steel drums from age 9-16.
3. I was born in Harlem, NY.
4. I work with and advocate for individuals with Developmental Disabilities for over 10 years.
5. I played basketball in junior high and high school as well as participated in gymnastics.
6. I love learning new things and believe highly in independent study.
7. My guilty pleasure is Run Raisin Ice Cream and Little Debbie Swiss Rolls.
8. I am mostly vegetarian (Smoothies is my new BFF).
9. I believe that family dinner time at the table is essential for family comradely.
10. I believe that form equals function, you can not have one without the other. When it come to fitness your workout should be based upon or designed towards its intended function or purpose.